How to learn how to do your makeup

For myself, I have always been one of those girls who is super into makeup and my hair. I do not go over the top with it unless I have to for those special occasions. I do not wear lipstick often, but I prefer a gloss or lip balm.  Any who, I do/have done my research when it comes to hair products and makeup tools and brands. So I do have some products that are more on the expensive side but still affordable. What I mean is that they are not drugstore brands. One my friends always ask me to do her hair and makeup if we are going anywhere and I always try to teach her what I am doing and how to do it. She even makes me go shopping with her and pick out products for her to use. 

Well here are some tips and tricks I have taught her for those people who are beginners.

  1. Do your homework
    • look at the product reviews online and compare the good and bad. 
  2. Watch Videos on  makeup tutorials
    • there are a ton of great makeup artists (MUA) or up and coming ones. They post videos on different products and show you different looks. They also will post discount codes for some products so make sure you take full advantage of those!! Most have Instagram accounts you can follow and they will post videos and pictures there to update you on things. 
  3.  Get some good brushes
    • just because they are expensive does not mean they are good.  I have found brushes that are on the higher side that are awful. It felt like they were scratching my face. I have found some that I love and they aren't terribly expensive. Just do not go so cheap they fall apart on your face. That's not cool.
  4. Get a free sample
    • if you are not sure about a product and want to try it out for a few days just ask the store if they do free samples
  5. You can return
    • say you found a product you thought you would love but then did not. Ulta and Sephora lets you return products even after they are used. Say you go through half the container and you just do not like the product. You can return it!! 
I hope those few tips help! Again, just take your time and if you do not feel comfortable wearing a certain look, don't. Also, don't expect your face to look exactly like those girls doing the videos. They have been doing makeup for years and have perfected their techniques and have different skin types and tones. Not every product is right for every person so shop around!

Comments